Home | Alphabetical listings | Regional listings | Major
UK Zoos | Aquaria | Safari Parks | Aviaries
& Bird Gardens |
Butterfly & Insect Parks | Specialist collections | Closed UK Zoos | Worldwide zoos | Botanic gardens | Natural History Museums | City Farms & Rare Breed Centres | Animal welfare links | Conservation links | Natural history links | Books |
Animal Keeping Societies |
World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
7-8 Plumtree Court,London, EC4A 4DN.
Probably the most famous of all the conservation organisations. It concentrates on saving wild life and natural habitat throughout the world.
2. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire
3.The British Butterfly Conservation Society
Dedicated to saving wild butterflies, moths and their habitats.
4.The Society for the Promotion of Nature Reserves
The Manor House, Alford, Lincolnshire
This is the national association of the county naturalist trusts.
5. Fauna Preservation Society
C/o Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London NW1
6. Mammal Society
Concentrates on factual information about mammals & mammal biology.
7. The Conservation society
34 Bridge Street, Walton on Thames, Surrey
Campaigns against pollution and the waste of scarce resources.
8. Marine Conservation Society
9. Whale & Dolphin Conservation Society
10. Rainforest Concern
11.The Association of British Wild Animal Keepers
12. Institute of Zoology
14. Basking Shark Society
Zoos around the world tend to link together in country and regional zoo associations. Links to the relevant association websites can be found below. The sites list member Zoos.
1. WAZA - The World Association of Zoos and Aquaria
2. EAZA- European Association of Zoos and Aquaria
3. AZA - American Zoo and Aquarium Association
4. ARAZPA - Australasian Regional Association
5. PAAZAB - Pan African Association of Zoological Gardens, Aquaria and Botanical Gardens
6. SEAZA - South East Asian Zoos Association
In addition to their respective organisations many Zoos work together and are members of joint organisations as follows:
1. ISIS - International Species Information System
2. CBSG - Conservation Breeding Specialist Group
3. IUCN - The World Conservation Union
4. WCMC - World Conservation Monitoring Centre
RBST - Rare Breeds Survival Trust
MFG - Madagascar Fauna Group
|Shark Trust (e-mail)|
|Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust|
|Coral Cay Conservation Expeditions|
|The Really Wild Zone|
|Last Updated 04/02/2001|